Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A Life in Design




A Life in Design as Alex Mardikian

As second generation designer and coming up under a iron clad, self made, accomplished father, a hippy stepfather of rebelion and a gypsy artist mom, I have married those important aspects and lifestyles as molding models to my creativity.

I don’t expect people to understand why I’m so interested in design – I’m more willfully obscure. My creations and works of art looks to the future, but also back to the past. I use new techniques, but also reintroduce that lost quality of beauty.

Overall, it is thought that design is this incredible discovery as a field, and yet not to many are truly making it interesting. So the life of my designs are like that- looking not to be over designed at all, it’s just there flowing seamlessly for the importance of beauty and performance, recognized and accepted as a collectible from its time of completion.

No comments: